The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine expansion is just a week away! HYPE MODE ENGAGED. I’ve put together this video to catch you up with the latest details on Geralt’s final adventure. In the video, I discuss the new Toussaint region, new monsters, new game mechanics and more.
Just as a quick overview, here’s a list of some important details you should know about Blood and Wine ahead of time:
- Recommended level to play Blood and Wine is around 35 (or 64-ish for an NG+ playthrough).
- Max level cap has been raised to 100.
- Over 90 new quests, and 40 points of interest. Map is roughly Velen size.
- Geralt gets his own damn vinyard, named Corvo Bianco. So jelly.
- 20 new monster types, most of which are vampires. Pack some Black Blood.
- Over 100 new Armor sets and 30 new weapons, including Witcher Gear.
- Witcher armor now available at Grandmaster quality.
- New dying mechanic to change armor color. And yes, pink is an option.
- The armor sets from Witcher 1 and 2 are available.
- New UI coming as an update.
- New mutations that enhance existing abilities.
- In-game Skellige gwent deck.
There’s a ton of other new features that I won’t mention here. If you don’t have the expansion pre-ordered already, I suggest you do so, especially if you want to get the limited edition physical Gwent cards. I’ve linked a tutorial below in case you want to know how to buy the physical Gwent card sets.
I plan on making more Blood and Wine videos after the expansion is released, so be sure to check back for more updates.